Verbal characteristics, including personal human qualities, behavioral manners in certain situations – this is his psychological portrait. It finds application in various fields. In particular, it is used when choosing a profession, hiring. A psychological portrait of a person is often compiled in order to identify partner compatibility, to determine the correspondence of partners to each other. The compilation of a psychological portrait is carried out on the basis of the results of a number of tests, in particular, Eysenck, Mehrabian, Cattell during a parallel interview with a psychologist.
The purpose of using a psychological portrait
A psychological portrait is important in choosing a life path, a future profession. It is drawn up even before entering the university, since this is the time for determining further activities. The use of a psychological portrait of a person will help to find “his” activity, from which he will receive not only profit, but also pleasure.
In addition, a psychological portrait is a tool that allows you to get to know a person better, his abilities, and behavioral characteristics. It helps to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the individual, his tendencies to lie, conflicts.
To be confident in yourself, to be able to defend your position and identify lies among interlocutors, competent study by a specialist, for example, psychologist-hypnologist Nikita Valerievich Baturin, is required.
Many job applicants are tested by HR managers. Its purpose is to determine the personal qualities, professional abilities of a potential future employee. A ready-made psychological portrait of a person helps managers find out, predict a person s actions in a specific difficult situation, his ability to solve emerging problems, and identify the qualities necessary for an employee holding a certain position.
In relation to children, a psychological portrait helps teachers find the best approach to them. For parents, it is important in terms of understanding child psychology, determining the correct course for raising a child in accordance with his temperament.
Today, people often ask psychologists to draw up a psychological portrait in order to identify the similar qualities of a potential life partner. The previously known rule “plus and minus attracts” is no longer applied. It is known that people with opposite personalities will not be able to find a common language. To avoid disputes, conflicts, partners should have similar temperaments, have similar values and goals.
The main criteria for the compilation of psychological characteristics
Before compiling a psychological portrait of a person, it is advisable to familiarize yourself with its components. Due to the singularity of each personality, basic and guiding qualities are inherent. The main components include:
- personal properties.
Guide components include:
By susceptibility, representatives of society are classified into several categories:
- Orientation for today. A person easily gets used to the role, adapts well. Fast decision making is typical for him. For such a person, a leadership position is suitable.
- Orientation towards the past. The person acts in accordance with the accepted rules and laws. Performs well in an executive position.
- Future-oriented. A person is a difficult part of a team, does not recognize the hierarchy. But such people often come up with progressive ideas. For them, independent work is suitable (“his own boss”).
In addition to the considered criteria, before compiling a psychological portrait of a personality, it is necessary to determine the following personality traits.
Its basis is the specific characteristics of the nervous system. The behavioral model of the personality depends on temperament, it is difficult to correct it. There are 4 types of it that are used by a psychological portrait of a personality:
|Choleric||Instability of mood, emotionality, craving for novelty|
|Sanguine||Balance, rational behavior|
|Melancholic||Unstable psyche, pessimism|
|Phlegmatic person||Enviable poise, shyness|
These are distinctive human qualities. They are used in communication, in social activities. Character is defined by a set of characteristics, including attitudes toward a number of aspects of life, such as:
- the person himself;
- material values.
These are the specific qualities of a person. Abilities presuppose the achievement of success in a certain activity, life sphere. These properties can be developed through training, practice.
The basis of purposefulness is stimulus, motivation. The behavioral model of the individual, his activity, depends on this property. While one person is eager to satisfy his own needs, to create the desired conditions for his life, another finds himself in social spheres, volunteering, embodies creative abilities.
This property does not depend on the desire of a person, not subject to his will. Emotionality is a response to external stimuli. It shows the importance of a certain event for him. The strength of the personality is determined by the ability to control emotions, to keep them under control, not to show feelings.
This is an indicator of a person s education. The level of intelligence is predetermined by education, current activity, age. He is involved in decision-making, assessing situations, controlling behavior, adapting, creating relationships with the environment. The rationality of thinking and actions in accordance with the situation depends on intelligence.
According to psychology, a ready-made psychological portrait of a person includes an assessment of communication skills – an important distinctive character trait that reveals individual qualities. When communicating, not only information is transmitted, but also thoughts, feelings, knowledge.
Self-analysis contributes to the development of the position of the individual towards himself. Through self-analysis, individual susceptibility, place in society, achievements are assessed.
Character traits revealed when creating a psychological portrait of a personality predetermine actions, directly affect a person s life course. For a strong-willed character, the ability to make independent decisions, to overcome life difficulties is typical, it is characterized by perseverance, perseverance, decisiveness. For people with a weak will, weakness is typical. Despite having the qualities required to be successful, they rarely succeed.
Self-control affects the ability to behave appropriately in society, good breeding. A person who does not control his behavior, emotions, cannot create partnerships, friendships.
Ability for teamwork
Each person is distinguished by the ability to work in a team. The ability to act in a team implies a willingness to compromise, taking into account a different point of view.
The principles of compiling a psychological characterization
Before composing a psychological portrait, you need to study a number of rules:
- the way of studying a person should be based on the purpose of his compilation, age, education;
- psychological characteristics are based not only on the results of the interview of the subject with a psychologist, but also on the conclusions of questionnaires, tests;
- a conclusion on the psychological portrait of a person is issued based on a comparison of the conclusions of the tests carried out, from the relationship;
- a psychological portrait requires the creation of suitable comfortable conditions for the investigated person in the research process;
- it must be perceived by a person who is not a specialist in this scientific field.
Techniques used to create personality characteristics:
- tests of Nemchin, Basa-Darki, Spielberg, SAN method (determination of the emotional-volitional area);
- Wechsler test, intellectual testing, Schulte tables (definition of cognitive-cognitive sphere);
- sociometry, the methods of Leary, Bayles, Etkind testing (determination of the interpersonal and social area);
- 14 basic needs according to Murray, types of labor incentives according to Gerchikov, the Eagle method (identifying needs, incentives, motivation).
Projective methods used in drawing up an example of a psychological portrait of a person, studying the inner world of a person, his projection onto the outside world:
- Rorschach spots;
- animal print;
- psychogeometric research;
- image “man, house, tree”.
Personal questionnaires used in drawing up an example of a psychological portrait of a person by determining personal qualities:
- MMPI (both abbreviated and full versions of the questionnaire are used);
- Kettell s questionnaire;
- Leonhard test.
Psychological portrait – an example of a conclusion drawn from the research completed:
- initials, field of activity, age of a person;
- the purpose of testing (for example, compliance of the candidate s qualities with the requirements of the proposed position);
- methods used in the study;
- human behavior displayed during testing (noticeable excitement, trembling, etc.);
- test results;
- psychological characteristics of the investigated person, prognostic data on his behavioral qualities;
- conclusions, recommendations.
A psychological portrait, regardless of its purpose, is drawn up by a specialist. The psychologist determines the appropriate method according to the purpose of the test. For self-analysis, you can apply simplified methods. Suitable, for example, socionics, DISC research. These tests can be taken online – they are available on the Internet.
What does the finished psychological portrait look like? An example is shown below. His conclusion is based on the test results of Eysenck, Mehrabian, Cattell:
- Elena Nikiforova, student, 20 years old;
- character traits: sociability, friendliness, impulsivity, good nature, a tendency to aggression, actions under the influence of emotions, emotionality;
- temperament (Eysenck test): sanguine, ease of communication, acquaintances, good adaptability;
- intellectual qualities (Cattell test): quick perception of information, abstract thinking;
- motivation (Mehrabian test): achieving the intended goal;
- emotionality: average stability, irritability, excitability, obstinacy;
- sociable qualities: sociability, independence, activity, craving for leadership, good adaptive abilities;
- Conclusions: the results of the study are within normal limits, it is recommended to pay attention to the increased suspicion.
After a detailed consideration of what a psychological portrait is, its role in the modern world becomes clear. It is used in many areas of human life: in the professional, public, personal sphere. The psychological characteristics of a person are an important factor in choosing a life path, a career course.
IMPORTANT! Informational article! Before use, you must consult with a specialist.